How to Paint Furniture--The Beginner's Guide
How to paint furniture the fun, easy and affordable way!
In this course you will learn how fun and easy it is to transform a simple outdated, worn-out or just plain "less pretty" piece of furniture into something that expresses your personal taste and style--all while learning a new way to unleash your creativity!
One of the outdated myths about chalk/mineral paint in general, is that it's just for when you want an antique or shabby-chic look--basically that it's limited to one style. We dispel that myth right off the bat with this course because we will demonstrate how to transform one dresser two completely different ways--one is more Kacey's style, and one is more Kristin's. The cool thing is, we use all the same tools, we just teach how to use them differently so you can discover your own personal style and favorite techniques.
You will gain the confidence to tackle your first (or fiftieth) paint project as you learn:
- How to make your own chalk/mineral paint in ANY color
- How to achieve two different popular finishes
- What to do if you see "bleed through"
- How to age with dark wax
- How to seal and protect your piece with finishing wax
You will learn why the DIY world has fallen in love with chalk/mineral painting:
- Limited prep work
- No sanding
- No priming
- No stripping
- Bonds to virtually any surface
- tile, and more!
- Variety of finishes--NOT just shabby chic (This course teaches two)
- smooth modern
- rustic textured
- faux stain
- weathered wood
- textured impesto
- Quick dry time (about 3 hours for the projects in this course)
- Easy to apply (husbands and kids can do it, too!)
- Excellent coverage so you use less paint
You will also learn why BB Frösch is the best tool in your DIY arsenal:
- Mixes with any brand/any color paint for unlimited color choice
- color match paint to a purse, pillow cover, paper, fabric, etc.
- pick any color from the paint chip wonder-wall
- if you have a color you love from a specific brand, Home Depot will likely have the formula in their computer
- many projects require just a sample/tester jar of paint from your local paint or hardware store
- mix only as much as you need
- no waste--you can always mix up more if you run out
- Mix with different sheens of paint
- helps paint with any sheen stick to your surface
- if you want the incredible properties of chalk/mineral paint mentioned above, we recommend mixing with a flat sheen. If mixing with paint that has sheen, we recommend increasing the powder. You can achieve any desired sheen in the finishing/sealing step
Kristin and Kacey are the mother-daughter duo behind BB Frösch. With a passion for leaving furniture and people better than they find them, Kristin and Kacey teach how to affordably, easily and enjoyably transform everything from furniture to cabinets and home decor with paint--all without the dreaded prep-work of sanding, priming and stripping.