Whether you are a seasoned painter or you've just heard about the magic of chalk and mineral paints for furniture, cabinets, and home decor, this class is for you! Discover #thefroscheffect as we share the secrets to achieving a gorgeous, professional look and feel with every paint transformation.
You will discover the secrets used by professionals for achieving virtually any look you desire as well as the three ESSENTIAL elements for every chalk/mineral painting transformation.
You will learn why the DIY world has fallen in love with chalk/mineral painting:
- Limited prep work
- No sanding
- No priming
- No stripping
- Bonds to virtually any surface
- tile, and more!
- Variety of finishes--NOT just shabby chic (This course teaches two)
- smooth modern
- rustic textured
- faux stain
- weathered wood
- textured impesto
- Quick dry time (about 3 hours for the projects in this course)
- Easy to apply (husbands and kids can do it, too!)
- Excellent coverage so you use less paint
You will also learn why BB Frösch is the best tool in your DIY arsenal:
- Mixes with any brand/any color paint for unlimited color choice
- color match paint to a purse, pillow cover, paper, fabric, etc.
- pick any color from the paint chip wonder-wall
- if you have a color you love from a specific brand, Home Depot will likely have the formula in their computer
- many projects require just a sample/tester jar of paint from your local paint or hardware store
- mix only as much as you need
- no waste--you can always mix up more if you run out
- Mix with different sheens of paint
- helps paint with any sheen stick to your surface
- if you want the incredible properties of chalk/mineral paint mentioned above, we recommend mixing with a flat sheen. If mixing with paint that has sheen, we recommend increasing the powder. You can achieve any desired sheen in the finishing/sealing step
- How to make your own chalk/mineral paint in ANY color
- How to create at least seven different popular finishes
- Tips and tricks for painting different surfaces (wood, laminate, tile, fabric, metal, and more!)
- All about waxing and finishing
- Brush care
- Alternative application methods
You will gain the confidence to tackle the paint projects of your dreams--from home decor to furniture and kitchen cabinets. And, most importantly, you will learn the power of #thefroscheffect for transforming more than just furniture--because it has the power to transform YOU!
NOTE: The workshop portion of this course is designed to be used in conjunction with our exclusive workshop kit. Although not required, we strongly recommend the kit as it contains everything you need to have a full and successful learning experience. The kit can be purchased here.
Founder and creator of BB Frösch, Kristin has brought chalk/mineral painting to the masses by making it affordable to refinish furniture, cabinets, home decor and more without the dreaded prep work of sanding, priming and stripping. She created BB Frösch Paint Transformer to make this magical type of paint available in ANY color under the sun. Her motto is to leave furniture and people better than she finds them!
StartWorkshop Kit/Supplies Needed (4:02)
StartHow to Mix Your Own Chalk Paint (2:48)
StartTwo Color Distress (6:24)
StartWet Distress (6:39)
StartFaux Stain (7:45)
StartSmooth Modern Finish (4:10)
StartAntiqued & Rustic Textured--Two Techniques in One! (10:17)
StartWaxing Your Finished Boards (6:58)